The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and SCORE, the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, offer a variety of free webinars and trainings to strengthen businesses and help them succeed. Below is a highlight of the free webinars that are available this month to businesses in Sebring, Lake Placid, and Avon Park, Florida as well as nationwide.
Pros and Cons of the Popular Business Entities: Sole Proprietorship, LLC, S Corp and C Corp
Thursday, August 2, 2018 from 1pm to 2pm EST
When you’re starting or running a small business, countless questions arise, particularly surrounding your business’ legal structure.
In this webinar, Nellie Akalp, CEO of CorpNet.com will discuss the most common business entities to help you navigate this important decision and what changes you need to know for this year.
Participants will learn:
- Why the Sole Proprietorship or Partnership offers no liability protection for business owners
- Details on the Limited Liability Company (LLC) and why it is so popular among business owners
- About S Corporation versus the LLC and what is best for which types of businesses
- How the recent 2018 tax reform and tax reduction for C Corporation and S Corporations affects small business owners
Google Tools to Start or Manage Your Business (Part 1)
Thursday, August 2, 2018 from 7 pm to 8 pm EST
Learn about the no-cost software options that Google provides that can help you start or manage your business without adding to the bottom line.
How to Strategically Build a Successful Business with Family and Friends
Tuesday, August 7, 2018 from 1pm to 2pm EST
Business ideas often are first nurtured in our circle of family and friends. They might become investors and employees. Without a strategic plan in place, navigating those relationships can lend itself to emotional stress and regret. In this webinar, you will learn the top ways to work with family and friends successfully and strategically.
Participants will learn to:
- Identify complementary skills, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) within those familial, fraternal and social relationships
- Discover relationship differences for meaningful discussions
- Develop a growth mindset framework for effective decision making
- Create opportunities amidst problems and challenges to your strategic plan
Boost Your Local Search Results with a Better Online Presence
Thursday, August 16, 2018 from 1pm to 2pm EST
Do you want to get your business found online locally? Does search engine optimization seem too complicated and time consuming for your small business?
In this webinar, presented by Noah Turner with Deluxe, we will focus on what you need to know to optimize your website for local searches. We will take a step by step look at what you should do to be found in your local area and why that matters.
You will learn;
- What you need to know about search engine optimization(SEO)
- What to change on your website for better local search results
- What off-site optimization is and tips to improve your off-site presence
- Steps you can do today to improve your website
Google Tools to Start or Manage Your Business (Part 2)
Thursday, August 16, 2018 from 7 pm to 8 pm EST
Learn about the ten no-cost software options that Google provides that can help you start or manage your business without adding to the bottom line.
Where’s the Money? 10 Small Business Loan Types & How to Qualify
Thursday, August 23, 2018 from 1pm to 2pm EST
There are over 44 different types of small business financing, so business owners often find themselves frustrated and overwhelmed looking for financing. It’s easy to end up chasing the financing that's marketed best to you — not the one that's best for your business, or the one you can actually get.
This webinar, presented by Gerri Detweiler with Nav, will help you identify the financing that's right for you based on your current qualifications.
You’ll learn about the top 10 types of small business financing, including:
Typical lender requirements for each type of financing
- How to prepare for financing and increase your approval odds
- A simple way to avoid costly surprises
- Financing options if you don’t have good credit or are just starting out
- Common credit obstacles and ways to overcome them
Recorded webinars from SCORE
SBA Learning Center